Have you ever heard about Burkina Faso? I sure haven't, until I began this project for the Rescue Rangers. Here are some facts about this small country.
- It is located in West Africa.
- It is surrounded by six countries: Mali to the north; Niger to the east; Benin to the southeast; Togo and Ghana to the south; and Ivory Coast to the southwest.
- Its capital is Ouagadougou
- In 2010, its population was estimated at just under 15.75 million.
- Until the 19th century, Burkina Faso was dominated by the empire Mossi.
- It is 60.5% Muslim, 23.2% Christian, 19% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Animist, and 4.2% Protestant.
Burkina Faso, in case you don't know, is one of the countries that we are raising money for by purchasing livestock. It changes the lives of villages, and the families within them. Join us in our effort to make a difference in our last month for this project.