Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Being a Part of the Rescue Rangers by Hana S. Hubert


In my life, I have SO much to be thankful for, Alhamdulilah, for my kind and caring parents, for a shelter, and so much more. I know that not all kids are as fortunate as me, so I should be grateful for all that Allah has blessed me with, and I am. But simply being grateful isn't always enough. I realized that, since I am lucky enough to have all the basic necessities and more, I should help those need it. That's why I joined the Rescue Rangers, and we helped build homes for the Phillipines!

Being part of the Rescue Rangers made me realize how good it feels to help others and make a difference. Working as a group helped me learn skills I will use for the rest of my life, and I became closer to the other members. I have gained so much new information, and learned about a country I had never thought about before. I am now aware of the devastation natural disasters can cause. There were some challenges for me though like creating the the web site and putting it all together. Through the process, I gained confidence and the knowledge that I could do anything I set my mind to.  I know that the Rescue Rangers Group is a worthy organization that I'll always be glad to participate in. I know we'll accomplish many great things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment