Friday, December 13, 2013

Home is where the heart is.

For me, home isn't a mansion full of gold, or a castle with 50 rooms. It's where my family is, where I was raised. It's more then some walls and a roof, it's where I return to when I leave, the place I long for when I'm away. It's my safe haven from the world, where I've spent all my 10 years. If I ever move away, I'll never forget to visit. Imagine if everyone in the Philippines felt this way about their home, only to have it destroyed! But with our help, they can get it back!

    They say: "Home is where the heart is," and for most people, that is true. One of the main nessecities of life is shelter! But a house isn't the same as home. Home is where you were raised,  or lived in for a while, a place where you feel safe,  where you chose to live above all other places. That's home. And the majority of the people that survived the Philippines aren't able to afford much more then food for another week. Alhamdulillah, we're doing something about that, providing money for roofs on their houses, so that they can have a true home, with a roof given from love!


Hana Hubert age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment