Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What does home mean to me?

My name is Anaum. I’m 7years old. For me home is everything. Home is a place where you feel secure and protected from every harm because you are with your family and share all the happy and sad times with them. I’m very thankful to have a safe home. I feel very sad when I think of all the homeless people in Philippines. I feel bad that they have no beds to sleep on or even warm clothes. When I saw some of the pictures on news and internet my mom showed me, I was very sad.  I cannot imagine myself being without a home or even a room and all the good stuff that I’m given by Allah and my parents. So I feel, I should not complain about the things I don’t have because there are a lot of kids in Philippines who are in need of a safe home.

So my friends and I are trying to raise money for families in Bogo city, in Philippines which will help them get roof supplies. So please help us by donating and also coming to the Bake sale and fun activities at Zakat Foundation, 21 Prestbury square, Newark DE-19713 on Dec 19th 2013.

Donating only $60 will help one family get roof for their house. The goal is to  provide roof for 41 or more families in Bogo city.

Anaum – 7years

6 comments: